Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sunday Snippets #2

Robert giving an approval certificate to the suitcase.

We are flying to Prague on Sunday morning and will return late at night on Wednesday. After that there will be a few days to recover and we'll head off to the family summer cabin to celebrate the Midsummer's holiday.
 
Next week will be such a busy week. But also awesome, no doubt.
 
I found a new fav tea - strawberry ginger green tea.
So this week has just gone by and book-wise I haven't gotten anything done. It's 15th and I haven't finished a single book this month. One thing, I have been in a slump, but not in the bad, inevitable slump - rather my focus has just shifted a lot because there has been a lot to do. And if I have a lot to do, my concentration level is really low, but I know it happens and it's nothing tragic; once life settles down again it'll get better.
 
I am half-way through Villette and half-way through Outlander, both I am enjoying very much and I regret I cannot given them the full attention they deserve. I started with The 5th Wave, in hopes of getting some light, low-brain-activity-required read in the mix, and it meets that criteron pretty well (I haven't yet learned to appreciate a lot of things about modern young adult literature, but I do appreciate that they are such fast reads :p). I will probably have more reading time during the Midsummer weekend, so I am hoping to finish off some books.
 
To Prague I am taking two other books (that will then make 5 books I read simultaneously but hey let's pretend it's normal) - City of Dark Magic and The Unbearable Lightness of Being, just because they are Prague and stuff. It does sound a bit crazy, 5 books, but it's a crazy month.
 
There is still a lot to do, like pack and prepare cats and eat and stuff, so I will head off now, wishing happy and sunny reading week to everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! I don't think my brain could keep 5 books straight, but those are some really great choices. I think reading The City of Magice while in Prague would be pretty awesome.

    And I think that is Robert's way of saying "Don't go" or "Take me with you" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, 5 is too much even for me... But maybe I can get done with City of Dark Magic in those four days? One can hope. The Unbearable Lightness is a re-read anyway so I know what to expect.

      And of course you are right about Robert. They actually get quite depressed when we go away, but at least Jan's mother is going to be here quite frequently keeping them company.

      Delete
  2. Yay, Prague! Hope you have an amazing time, can't wait to hear all about your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There will be photos (hopefully several bookish ones :) )

      Delete
  3. Have a lovely trip!!! Love that you're bringing Prague-themed novels with you on vacation :)

    I TOTALLY get being too busy to focus on reading. Actually, I tend to get so busy that I fall behind on blog-reading and social networking stuff first, and then I fall behind in reading too. It happens. Can't wait to see pictures and stuff from your trip when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I didn't have time/energy to read during the trip much, I managed to sneak in a few pages in the evenings and it was really great to read a book set in he same place you are currently visiting :) All the places and buildings got a whole better meaning all of a sudden.

      Delete
  4. Holidays! How exciting :D I hope you have a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear all about it.

    I think my brain would either absolutely love reading five books in one go or would completely break into pieces. I hope for your sake your brain loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. I think I'll just start finishing them off now, one by one. It will be totally doable once life settles down to it's nice routine again :)

      Delete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)